Friday, June 10, 2016

A return to blogging: Two for the price of one

A lot has happened in a year!  Mostly this guy formerly known as Bean:


Who now looks like this guy and is known as Ben:

He's pretty great, but having a little dude and being a full-time working mom doesn't leave a whole lot of time for quilting!  I have managed to get a few projects done, including this one that has been hanging in my "only a flimsy" closet for a really long time.

This started as a Lap of Luxe quilt in Honey Child with a few other FQ thrown in to make it work.  I bought the back and binding, but never put it together.  And then two friends announced that they were pregnant with baby girls, and I needed to get kind of quick baby quilts together, so I pulled it out and deconstructed it!


I added one block and created two baby quilts!  One is four blocks by three blocks, and the other is three by three.


I quilted them both on the diagonal in the direction of the "arrows."  On one I did double lines of quilting spaced further apart and the other is single lines of quilting closer together.

They are both backed in a gold tweed print from JoAnn's and the binding is a pink and gold polka dot.

Hopefully they will be two well loved little quilts, rather than one big one still hanging halfway finished in my closet!



Linking up with Finish it Up Friday at Crazy Mom Quilts!

1 comment: