Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday Stash #1

I took some time this weekend to clean up my bin of random scraps.  I don't really have a scrap system of any kind, I just toss pieces I deem to be on the smallish side into one big bin.  Larger pieces I keep in clear storage boxes sorted by color.

Anyway, I went through my random bin and cut pieces into 2.5" squares and 2.5" strips.  My current thought for the squares is quilt made out of granny square patches.  I haven't done any planning to figure out how many squares I'll need yet.  The strips are going into Trip Around the World blocks.  According to my (admittedly questionable) math, to make a quilt with 6 squares x 7 squares (each with 6 strips) I'll need a total of 252 strips!  I haven't counted my stack yet, but I'm pretty sure I've got a while to go!

I also took some time to cut up some other fabric I'd put aside into 5" squares.  I started with the tropical frog fabric and pulled from there.  I didn't purchase many of these, most I got in clean outs from my cousin and great aunt.  It needs some more bright orange before I start laying it out though - guess I'll have to go buy some fabric!  I think this collection will make a fun, bright quilt for a little boy.

Linking up with Sunday Stash at Finding Fifth.

1 comment: