Sunday, December 8, 2013

Sunday Stash #5

It's kind of ironic that I have recently gone on a fabric buying spree and have made very little progress in using any of it!  Oh well, here's my stash share for the week:
I saw these fleur de lis fat quarters at my LQS sale last week and couldn't resist.  I love fleur de lis - they pay homage to my new city of Louisville and were the only real "theme" at my wedding.  I am thinking of turning them into cloth napkins (using the above pairings) based on this tutorial.  My only concern is that each set of FQ makes two napkins, which means that they end up kind of small (18"x11").  I guess that smaller size would be OK for our lunch boxes?  Thoughts, anyone?

Linking up with Sunday Stash at Finding Fifth.

1 comment:

  1. Does 18 x 11 seem small for a napkin? I'm trying to think what size cloth napkins usually are, but I'm totally drawing a blank! Huh... well, eHow is telling me that cloth napkins are typically 16x16 or larger for formal dining. So I guess it is a bit small, but I'm thinking they're probably still pretty usable, they just won't cover a whole lap like a 20" square one would. Anyway, they'll be lovely, I think!

    ReplyDelete