Sunday, January 5, 2014

Christmas quilt finish

Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy (belated) New Year!

I was away from home for a couple of weeks and didn't have the foresight to do posts ahead of time, so I'm just now sharing a couple presents I gifted over the holiday.

My mom had sent me a a bunch of Christmas fabric a while back and I got the idea to make my parents a Christmas quilt as a gift.  I liked that the fabrics weren't over the top, but it's definitely Christmas-y.  I think the cream and the blue helped mellow it out a bit, you know?
I cut up yardage from my stash into 5" squares for the top.  Here's a close-up of some of the blocks:
The back has a large piece of cream/gold pattern across the middle and some random FQ Christmas patterns I had in my stash on either end.  It's simply quilted on either side of the seams.
I forgot to take a picture of the binding, but it's done with a print of snowy evergreen trees.  My favorite thing about this quilt is that it's all from my stash!  Yay for lovely presents that don't cost an arm and a leg :)

Considering the weather in MD (and here in KY) is absolutely frigid, hopefully they'll get good use out of it before it gets put away until next year!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict's Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

2 comments:

  1. It's just beautiful, Kacey! And very timely considering the temperatures tonight! Whoop whoop!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely quilt. It always feels good to make something from your stash. It feels even better when it comes out as lovely as yours did. I like when fabrics whisper Christmas rather than shout it so that you feel comfortable using it all winter.

    ReplyDelete