Wednesday, January 29, 2014

WiP Wednesday - A whole-cloth baby quilt

One of my Quarter 1 Finish Along goals is to complete (aka quilt and bind) this little whole-cloth baby quilt.  I've had the fabrics sitting around forever, which is especially sad because there's no piecing involved!  I just really don't like basting.  Part of the problem is that I don't really have a great basting space:
Why yes, that is indeed the floor of my master bathroom.  It's one of the few non-carpeted areas in the house I can baste on.  The foyer isn't carpeted but it's not consistently clean enough to baste on (I mean we're not completely slovenly, but we have a dog and it's been snowy and gross out for the past few weeks and if I tried to keep it sparkling I'd be scrubbing everyday).  I have taken larger quilts down to the kitchen, but this one was small enough to do in the bathroom - that way I don't have to lug everything downstairs. 


There is one perk to bathroom-basting - I can fold up one of the floor mats to kneel on!



Time to git 'er done!

Linking up with Lee at Freshly Pieced!

No comments:

Post a Comment