Friday, January 17, 2014

Quarter 1 Finish Along Goals

I wrote a previous post about A Year of Lovely Finishes - goal planning on a month-by-month basis.  I've also found a link up for goals on a quarterly basis - the 2014 Finish Along hosted by the Littlest Thistle.  The "rules" for this link up are that the finishes must have already been started (even if it's just a pile o' fabric and a plan) and they have to be completely complete by the end of the quarter.  Seems reasonable, right?  I'm going to try and complete three projects:

1.  The tree frog quilt. 
I had to buy a little bit of orange fabric for this quilt, but the rest came to me from other folks' stashes!  I love the brightly colored little frogs, and I pulled other bright colors to go along with it.  The fabric is already (well, except the newly purchased orange) cut into 5" squares, so it should go together pretty easily.  I still need a back and binding, though.
2.  Crafty Traveler Tote
The tutorial for this tote is being hosted by Ellison Lane as part of her Craft Traveler series.  Here's the link for the supply and cutting instruction post.  The tutorial series ends with a link up by 3/12, so it'll fit nicely in with this finish along.  I had purchased this fabric a long while ago for a different tote and never did anything with it, so I'm going to try and make it work for this one instead.  I have the "regular" interfacing, but need to get the Thermolam.  I've never worked with it before - it'll be an adventure!
3.  The alphabet animal quilt
This will be a (small) whole cloth quilt, with the alphabet animals as the front and the blue "suns" as the back.  These pieces are about 1 yard each.  My plan is to quilt the top along the block lines of the pattern, maybe with an elongated zigzag stitch.  I have a franken-batting all ready to go, but haven't figured out the binding yet.

So that's three more things to accomplish by the end of March.  Guess I should get sewing!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with your list! I have a post tomorrow as part of the kick off for my bag along where I'll be talking about interfacing, including Thermolam (fusible fleece) and how to apply it, if that helps?

    ReplyDelete