Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Stash #24 - nursery fabrics!

I've fallen into a cliche - got pregnant and started to ignore my blog!  I spent most of September and October with no energy for blogging, but then the holidays came around and I'd just gotten out of the habit, plus all the holiday goings on just contributed to putting it on the back burner.

BUT.  The baby of someone who sews, and therefore has become very picky about fabrics, has to have a hand-made nursery, right??  I searched and searched but couldn't really find any ready-made items that went with my nursery vision.  We're not going to find out if Bean is a boy or a girl, so I needed someone gender neutral.  But I didn't want tans, light greens and yellows - I wanted brightly colored and fun.  So here's what I've come up with!

Robert Kaufman Jungle Creatures Bubbles Red and Quilter's Linen in Aqua
I'm going to make curtains and a crib skirt from these.  The wall color is Bubble, from Sherwin Williams.
Urban Zoologie Elephants in primary, Remix Polka Dots in primary and Super Kids in primary
 These are going to be crib sheets.  Funny story about Super Kids - I thought the blond "girl" was just a blond little girl dressed up as some sort of superhero I didn't know.  Turns out it's Thor!

Urban Flotologie Bright Kites, buttons from JoAnn's and Urban Flotologie Animals in Trees in Rainbow
And these cozy flannels are going to be changing pad covers.

I also have a wooden rocking chair that I'm going to paint white and that I'd like to make new cushions for.  I bought some Metro Living Box Stripe in Marigold, but I think it's a little too orange-y instead of more yellow-y.  So back to the drawing board on that one.

The fabrics came from Fabric.com, StitchStashDiva's Etsy shop, JoAnn's and The Cozy Quilter (one of my local shops).

Bean is due in mid-May, so hopefully I can get at least this much done!

Linking up with Molli Sparkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment