Saturday, January 17, 2015

A return to blogging - and a finish!

A LONG while ago (ha - a year ago, apparently!) I had stitched up the top of my Florence Starburst, but decided to set it aside because I didn't have a plan for it yet.  Well, the wedding of one of my grad school classmates seemed like the perfect reason to get it all finished.  I sent it to a new-to-me long arm quilter, Justin Ennis, who did a fabulous job with a not-too-girly design.  He even put an L and B in the corner, for Larisa and Brian :)


The top of this quilt is done in Florence from Denyse Schmidt with Kona Bone, and the backing and binding are from the Denyse Schmidt lines from JoAnn's.



It didn't make it to the newlyweds for their wedding, but I got it together for them and mailed it just after Christmas.  Considering they got married in July, I reasoned in my head that a quilt was better received in the winter anyway.  Plus, I still got it done before the 12 month gift giving deadline!

Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful wedding gift! It's wonderful that you had a UFO in progress that you could pull out and finish up for the occasion. I'll bet those newlyweds are thrilled with the quilt you made them. Congratulations on a lovely finish!

    ReplyDelete