Sunday, September 14, 2014

Gettin' Foxy

As I mentioned in Sunday Stash a few weeks ago, I've been working on a new disappearing nine patch project that I've dubbed "Foxy" after the main inspiration fabric.

I followed the tutorial over at Cluck Cluck Sew for my D9P, but here's some photos to give you an idea of how it works.  I went with 5" squares, but I suppose you could pick whatever size worked best for you.

1) Create nine-patch blocks

2) In this case, you make 11 blocks
3) The scary part - you cut your big blocks into quarters.  This leaves you with 44 smaller blocks.
4) Reassemble your small blocks, 6 across by 7 down for your quilt!
I tried not to mess with the layout too much, but I wanted the colors/whites at least somewhat evenly distributed.  Even with all my efforts, I have still found places I should have shuffled some more.  Oh well, hopefully the recipients won't notice.

You notice I said "recipients" in the plural?  That's the best part about Foxy - I bought enough fabric to make two quilts - maybe Foxy and Foxier? :)

One quilt on the wall, and one still in squares!

No comments:

Post a Comment