Sunday, October 27, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival entry #2

You get to enter two quilts into the Blogger's Quilt Festival (hosted by Amy's Creative Side) so I thought I might as well pick another, especially now that I've got this blog up and running!

My second entry is in the Baby Quilt section.  It's a surprise for a co-worker, so here's hoping she doesn't stumble across this little blog before her shower in a couple weeks!  She and her husband are expecting their first baby - a little boy.


This baby quilt is made from a Simply Color layer cake (well, half of the layer cake - the boyish half, I still have the more girlish half left!) and a white solid I already had on hand.  It's hard to find good boyish fabrics that aren't cartoon-y or overly primary, but I think this color scheme really works for a little boy.  The back is a bunch of blues pulled from my stash.  The tutorial is on Moda Bake Shop and is called Hot Cross Buns.


The trimming of the squares made quite a little pile of scraps.  I took this picture and posted it on Facebook - and one of my friends asked if I was making a quilt for a mouse!  I'm pretty sure I actually LOLed when I read that :)


Thanks for reading!

6 comments:

  1. Hi Kacey! Welcome to the blogging world :o)
    Your quilt really caught my eye. I love the colours you chose. I have two little boys and what you said about boy-ish fabrics is sooooo true. But your choice is really wonderful and I am sure the quilt will be much loved.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt for a little boy - fab job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun quilt. They are great colors for a boy. Very cute. You'll have to make up the girl one now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to blog land! Your baby quilt is darling - you chose great colors for a little boy and that pattern is perfect - well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I agree. Perfect boy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Scrolling through the entries at Blogger's Quilt Festival, your quilt caught my eye! This is a fabulous quilt, from colors to pattern. It's got my vote. Great job!

    ReplyDelete