Monday, October 28, 2013

How to make your house smell really good with minimal effort

I'd be remiss in my blogging if I didn't mention how much I adore my crock pot.  It's so great to come home to dinner already made, especially when the effort involved is typically pretty minimal and the results are pretty tasty!

A couple weeks ago my husband and I went to Huber's Farm across the bridge in Indiana.  It's a really pretty drive, especially in the fall!  We had planned to visit the little store, eat a country lunch and go pick a pumpkin at the patch.  Unfortunately, Mother Nature rained on our parade - literally.  We still did the store and got lunch, but we nixed the patch.

My purchase at the store was some weirdo looking gourds and a half peck of Jonathan apples.  No way could two of us eat that many apples, so I followed this recipe and made some apple butter!

 This recipe is super easy - the hardest part is peeling and chopping the apples.  Then add sugar and spices to taste, and let your crock pot do the hard work!  It takes the better part of a full day to get the apples cooked down, but the smell is divine!



I used my immersion blender to get the apple butter nice and smooth.  It makes just enough for you to enjoy for yourself, as well as feel OK about giving to friends, neighbors or co-workers.  I also found this recipe for Apple Butter Bars if you wanted to do something a little different with your apple butter.

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment