Monday, March 30, 2015

Sunday Stash (on Monday) #29 - birthday buys, part 3

My final birthday buy to share is from Craftsy as part of their spring sale.  I don't have any real favorite designers, although if pressed I'd have to say I tend to like Joel Dewberry's lines (I'm VERY SLOWLY working up a Swoon with Bungalow).  So when I saw this Triple Barn Star kit in Birch Farm listed in the sale section I decided to go for it.

Here's what came in the kit, along with white for the background and an electronic copy of the pattern:
30 fat quarters?

I was a bit confused by all the FQs, because the kit description (I thought, I can't find it anymore) listed the fabric requirements in terms of yardage.  The PDF of the pattern, though, lists "20 or more FQ" as what is needed for the stars, with an additional 5/8y needed for binding.  Since I got 30 FQ, I'm hoping that I can set aside some of them to use for the binding and use the bulk of the FQ for the stars.  Fingers crossed.

Anyway, here's some more photos of the various prints.  As far as I can tell there is one of each of the prints in each colorway, with the exception of the "chicken coop" print, which has two of each.

Top left: Barn Owl; top right: Horse Blanket; bottom left: Prism; bottom right: Lightning Bugs

Chicken Coop - two of each print.  Will possibly save these for binding?
Top left: Feedsack; bottom left: Dutch Oven; right: Hydrangea

Top: Chrysanthemum; bottom: Antler Damask
So that's the end of my birthday buys!  Although, as I mentioned last week, Craftsy had another sale last weekend (I need to stop browsing the sale section!) and I made a couple more purchases.  But I'll save those for another Sunday.

Linking up (belatedly!) with Molli Sparkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment