There are 30 squares in the quilt, but some of the squares are the back and front from the same shirt. I cut (most of) the squares with a 12.5" square ruler, backed it with interfacing and sewed the whole thing with 1/2 inch seams for extra sturdiness. The borders are Kona khaki, the backing is a flannel shirting, and the binding is the last of the red Marbles print.
|The whole enchilada - it's a big one!
|Backing (I didn't match my plaids - oh well)
|Close-up of binding
|Close-up of quilting
I think it came out great, and Turner (and the rest of the family) really seemed to like it. The funniest part was that when he opened it he said "hey, I was looking for that shirt!" I guess it really was a surprise!
Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict!