Sunday, February 1, 2015

Sunday Stash #25 - a new quilt for a new nephew!

I'm getting a new nephew in late March/early April!  I made his big brother a quilt, so clearly baby Jack will need one too.

I went through my Pinterest board and settled on this this tutorial/pattern from Melissa with a color scheme of white/cream, grey, blue and green.  Jack's big brother's quilt (it was done pre-blog, but it's the second one down on this page) is white, grey and blue with a green backing and I figured it'd be good for them to somewhat coordinate.

I had a few appropriate fabrics in my stash but definitely had to make some purchases to fill in the blanks.  Here they are:

Top: Wonderland White Stars in cream, Downtown Mary's Berry in Green, Downton Downstairs Check in blue
Bottom: Lakeside Gatherings Tootsie and Floral Gatherings Posy in Olive

Top: Ninja Number in blue, Avant Garden Dot in Clover
Bottom: El Camino Real Geo in light blue and American Beauty Stars in blue


And here's the final pull all together.


There's a few Tula Pinks in there, the blue I got from Ms. Molli in the rainbow bundle I won a while back and some other assorted prints from the stash. 

I'm hoping this quilt comes together rather quickly, because baby Jack will be here before too long!

Linking up with Molli Sparkles!

No comments:

Post a Comment