Friday, June 27, 2014

A few Friday finishes!

I actually have FOUR finishes to share today!  Where this burst of productivity came from, I have no idea.  But that said, these were all relatively little finishes in the grand scheme of things.

First up, I finished my Quiet Quilt for the Hands2Help quilt drive.  (This finish was also on my list for the Quarter 2 Finish Along.)



It's done in the same pink floral, with an added bit of blue, for the back as with my Pooh version.  And this one has a blue-grey pieced binding.  I machine quilted outside each seam with light pink thread.  Simple and sweet!

And here's the stack before it was sent off to the kind folks at Quilts of Compassion.
Top to bottom: Ribbit, whole cloth ABCs, and Quiet.
Remember how much I loved the 20/20 Michael Miller fabric?  I made not one, but two zip pouches!  The first is the well-known and well-loved open-wide zip pouch from Noodlehead:


Lining is a random coordinating fat quarter from JoAnn's.


 And the second is from the Perfect Zip Bags pattern collection by Oh, Fransson:

 
This lining is a fat quarter from an older Zen Chic collection, not sure of the name.
The open-wide pouch is not so fancy, but oh-so-easy to see inside of, especially when compared to the second pouch, even though the second is a little more stylish.  There are also instructions in the pattern for adding straps/handles, but I opted out of that option.  I think this second pouch is being gifted to my sister-in-law for her birthday, and I'm either going to keep the other or give it to a co-worker.

And finally, I made my parents a belated Mother's/Father's Day present of a patriotic pillow.  The front is the field of stars from the flag manufacturing company that I won from QoV Sew Along Day, and the back is some canvas-y stripes I had in my stash.  Pillow form is a 12"x16" from JoAnn's (with coupon!).  I also did a bit of navy piping to finish it off.

 This came out better than I expected - I wish I had some more stars, I'd make another to keep for me!

Linking to the finishers at Crazy Mom Quilts, Whoop-ers at Confessions of a Fabric Addict and the Quarter 2 finishers.

1 comment:

  1. You have gotten a lot done! Good for you. I love the little baby quilt. it looks like flannel and soft and cozy. How very nice of you to donate the quilts. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete