Saturday, March 21, 2015

A quilt for baby Jack

As I mentioned previously, I've got a new baby nephew due any moment now!  My husband and I went home to Maryland for a baby shower this past weekend for us (well, for Bean), which was the perfect opportunity to deliver Jack's quilt to my brother and sister-in-law in person.

I followed Melissa's tutorial, called Playing the Scales, and am pleased to report that this project came together relatively quickly.  The only deviation I made from her instructions was that I did a lot more laying out in advance than just grabbing and chain piecing.  And I only managed to flip my rows around, necessitating unpicking, twice!


The quilt is backed in a green and black paisley (no idea of the name, sorry), a grey print from JoAnn's, and a Cloud9 print that came from the remnant bin at JoAnn's (no selvedge, sorry).

I quilted on either side of each vertical seam, which was simple but not that speedy as there are a lot of columns in this quilt!



I finished the quilt about a month ago, when we had a foot of snow on the ground.  That's kind of unusual for Louisville, so I figured I should try and take advantage of the situation for some "artsy" quilt photography.  And, to show the ever-changing moods of Mother Nature in March, it's now 70 degrees and sunny today!

And here's Lindsay testing out Jack's quilt to make sure it's up to par.  I love it when quilts are used!



And speaking of used, she recently posted an Instagram pic of big brother-to-be, James Michael, with his quilt by Aunt Kacey - is this not the cutest thing you've ever seen??  (You can find me on Instagram at kpwarren07.  I'm trying to be a more regular poster, but I'm already a regular viewer!)

 
 
Linking up with the other folks over at Confessions of a Fabric Addict!

1 comment: