Sunday, March 1, 2015

Awesome wishes - a completed top

A while back (pre-pregnancy), I started this top with the intent of donating it to the Louisville Modern Quilt Guild's charity quilt drive.  Given that I just finished the top last week, it should be pretty clear that I missed that deadline.  In fact, I haven't been to a meeting since they announced the drive, although I did donate my Ed Emberley quilt via my LQS, which is a Project Linus drop-off site, so I wasn't a complete charity slacker.


This quilt is done with only a jelly roll!  (It annoys me when a tutorial is for a "jelly roll quilt" that uses extra fabric for the top and not even the whole roll.) The line is Wishes and the pattern is called Awesome, hence the Awesome Wishes quilt.  And now that it's a top, I think it will remain that way until a recipient is needed.  I've mentioned before, it's just easier to store tops (I fold them over a hanger in the closet) than completed quilts.  The tutorial directs you to set aside 5 strips for binding, so I've got that covered, but it will need a backing when the time comes.


Linking up with Confessions of a Fabric Addict!

No comments:

Post a Comment