Saturday, July 12, 2014

A birthday present and Quarter 3 finish!

One of my goals for the 3rd Quarter of the Finish Along was to do up a tool belt for my little nephew.  He's turning 2 on July 16th and is apparently very into tools - my brother has posted a photo and a video of him "fixing" his Cozy Coupe car and the spring mechanism on the front screen door.  In both shots, his tools are all scattered about, so clearly he needed a tool belt to keep everything close at hand.  I followed this tutorial and here's the finished product:

Sewing tools for illustration only :)
The only change I made was to only cut one, double wide pocket piece and fold it in half rather than sewing two pieces together.  I also wanted to find little tool patches as embellishment but they didn't have any at JoAnn's, so I had to settle for his initials.

I hope he likes it!

Linking up with Sarah at Confessions of a Fabric Addict!

No comments:

Post a Comment