Saturday, July 12, 2014

ALYOF - July goal complete!

I got my Michael Miller Challenge quilt all done!  And even in good time too, cuz the deadline isn't until the 25th!  Without further ado, here's Petals in the Snow:

front
back
As I mentioned in my goal-setting post, the name came about for three reasons:
1) the background is a combo of solid Kona Snow and Michael Miller Pindots in Snow
2) the name of the fabric line is Petal Pinwheels
3) I went with snowball blocks

This is my favorite photo of this quilt!
I machine quilted it in straight lines with my walking foot, outlining the diamond "petals."  Since the petals are not quilted, they kind of poof out a bit, which is a nice touch I think.  This is my fanciest (haha) quilting to date and I'm pretty proud of it!


The backing is Tile Pile (from the Petal Pinwheels line) in multi and the binding is Cotton Couture in Seafoam.  I machine sewed the binding on - really because I'm lazy and don't like hand stitching, but also for sturdiness.


This quilt has a home with a good friend who is expecting her first baby - another gender surprise!

I'll be linking up with the other ALYOF July finishers when the time comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment