I did tweak it a bit though, as the dimensions in that final project aren't large enough (QoVF recommends a finished size of 60"x80"). The directions in the tutorial are to cut 3 strips from each of 9 FQ, but I cut 6 strips (pretty much 0 waste!) from 10 FQ. I also managed to calculate the yardage for the increase in "fence" strips correctly too - trust me, that was a mathematical miracle!
Each strip is then subcut into 3 pieces for a grand total of 180 six inch blocks. If I've done my math right (fingers crossed) I'll have a 66" (12 blocks) by 82" (15 blocks) quilt top.
|I strip-pieced my little heart out!|
Finishing this top is going to be my February goal for A Lovely Year of Finishes. Guess I'd better get busy - I've got 180 blocks to sew together!
Linking up with Work in Progress Wednesday and ALYoF!