Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Stash #11 - Finishings for the QOV quilt

The top of my QOV quilt is complete!

I purchased this 108" fabric for the backing from one of my LQS - The Cozy Quilter.  It's called Marbles, by Moda.  It's not fancy, but it's red and it's wide, so no piecing required!


I also shopped my stash for these two fabrics that will be for binding.  This first one is an old print from one of the Denyse Schmidt Collections for JoAnn's.  Pretty sure I got it in the remnant section!



This other piece is leftover from the backing of my nephew's quilt.  (My brother's in the Army, so I thought it made a nice tribute.)  It's also an older line, from Robert Kaufman - that's all I got, no selvedge left!  They did also make this series of fabric in Air Force blue, if that helps.


Linking up with Mila + Cuatro while Ms. Molli Sparkles is off jet-setting again!

Molli Sparkles

5 comments:

  1. Yay for shopping your own stash! My stash is not that big yet, but it will be someday, ha ha!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I often find DS Quilts marked down at Spotlight (New Zealand equivalent of JoAnn's) and the patterns often make such great binding. Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Denyse Schmidt print is awesome.

    I wish more fabrics came out with 108" width prints! Even just one or two in a given line... (I hate piecing backings.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are great prints for binding. And I love the color of the 108" I too wish more fabrics came out with that width.

    ReplyDelete